SNCsC

• garyn
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
25 Jan 2017 11:13 - 25 Jan 2017 16:47 #1 by garyn
SNCsC was created by garyn
Attached is a paper that we hope will form a series of articles on the subject of sports nutrition. The article has been put together by club member Mike Newell who is a Lecturer on Sports Exercise Nutrition at the University of Westminster. Mike also put together the course guides for our TT course and Keysoe race course.

The topic of Sports Nutrition can result in lively debate, which we welcome as topics for future articles will be determined by the specific requirements and interests of the members of the club, so please contribute in the discussion if you find it of interest.

The opening article is about how we manage our nutritional intake if we are faced with a period off the bike through injury.

File Attachment:

File Name: SNCSCartic...jury.pdf
File Size:718 KB
Attachments:
Last edit: 25 Jan 2017 16:47 by garyn.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
08 Jan 2018 14:25 #2 by MikeNewell
Replied by MikeNewell on topic Re: SNCsC
First off, happy 2018 to all - I hope the new year greeted you with fresh lungs and strong legs.

I've been absent from the club runs for around 18 months but in the process have raised my son Eddy. I think we have gained the same amount of weight since he was born (about 9kg if you were wondering) - something i hope to address in 2018.

Alongside child rearing I published another paper that members might find interesting: www.mdpi.com/2072-6643/10/1/37

What is it about? I try to address the question of the optimal amount of carbohydrate to consume to support endurance performance for bouts less than 3hs. To avoid a spoiler i'll leave it at that.

I hope in the near future I'll get layman's summary put together in a SNCsC kinda article. So watch this space.

Looking forward to seeing folk more in 2018.

Cheers Mike

Please Log in to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds
Go to top