You are not logged in.

× Rides
Let's discuss everything to with rides: club runs, sportives (not SNCC sportive), audaxes, impromptu rides - routes, who's going to ride, ride experiences and so on

Chain Gang 2015

• Joe
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
05 Jan 2015 23:16 #1 by Joe
Chain Gang 2015 was created by Joe
Hi,

I am starting back doing the Tuesday night chain gang, starting tomorrow (weather permitting ) , 6/1/2015.

Usual course, B645 to Higham Ferres and back, usual time - 7pm...or 7.05 if your me!

Hopefully see some of you there.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2015 18:26 #2 by Dave
Replied by Dave on topic Re: Chain Gang 2015
I fancy a bit of that, will be there whenever I can (hanging off the back)

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
06 Jan 2015 19:11 #3 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: Chain Gang 2015
i will be there July keep it going ah ah G.......... :kiss: :kiss: :kiss:

More
25 Mar 2015 11:00 #4 by garyn
Replied by garyn on topic Re: Chain Gang 2015
Now we have completed the last of the all dark Chain Gangs I believe there is talk of the numbers swelling from next week to levels where we ran two groups.

This is what Wayne wrote last year and I understand there is a desire to continue it this year as we move through the Spring and Summer.

Everyone meets on the Market Square at 7, or whatever time is decided. 2 or 3 (I'm being optimistic!)groups form, and we have a chase 'race'. The slower, development group head off first with a sensible time gap, the faster group then set off, and the last group if numbers allows go off.

The idea being each group keeps together, works together and either tries to keep away, catch, or both (if in the middle group.

There will be no prizes, and no rewards for taking undue risk. This is not a RACE!

We have currently been setting off at 7:00PM (ish) and dependent upon numbers travelling at between 22 - 23 MPH which roughly equates to a 90 minute ride, It will speed up as it gets lighter and warmer. Say the slower group rides at 20.5mph this would equate to a time of 100 minutes over the 34 mile course so I would suggest leaving at 6:55 then we can leave at 7:05 and go from there.

You will still need lights for some of the route up until late April, and TBH riding in the dark is pretty safe because a group with lots of lights resembles a fast moving Christmas tree so it's hard to miss.

It would be useful, but not essential to have someone in the group that's been on the CG before because the group will be more efficient the smoother it is and will need some management from time to time, especially up Hargrave hill. :evil:

I'm sure we will be more than happy to shell out a few pearls of wisdom.

looking forward to seeing some new faces on Tuesday.

More
25 Mar 2015 18:51 #5 by Steve_walker94
Replied by Steve_walker94 on topic Re: Chain Gang 2015
Hello gary
You are correct I hope to see another group this coming week
Steve

More
25 Mar 2015 21:39 #6 by Dave
Replied by Dave on topic Re: Chain Gang 2015
If there is a alower group I will come down next week. Can't stick the faster geoup though.

More
26 Mar 2015 09:37 #7 by Ollyw
Replied by Ollyw on topic Re: Chain Gang 2015
Gary etal,

There is a plan a foot for the development group to start this Tuesday. We are going to meet at 645 with 650 sharp leaving time.

The reason for the 10mins to fast lads is to get everyone organised because most of those expressed an interest have only experienced CG on end of club runs and practise will be needed. After a few weeks, we can adjust times with fast boys as necessary

Plan is to target 20mph avg (weather i.e. wind depending) and NO DROPPING even after the turn. We will even wait for "new guy" no matter how tempting it is :P

I have spoken to a lot of the fast medium lads who are interested and we have a few who have run the CG before too so should be good turnout and give you fast lads a decent target to chase.

See you sunday / tuesday
beep beep
Olly

More
11 Apr 2015 16:59 #8 by Arron Bird
Replied by Arron Bird on topic Re: Chain Gang 2015
Wait for meeeeeeee ;)

More
20 Apr 2015 12:39 #9 by Arron Bird
Who is likely to make the slower gang tomorrow night I dont want to turn up on my own and my legs are shot after yesterday lol :S :S

More
20 Apr 2015 13:32 #10 by Simon.R
Replied by Simon.R on topic Re: Chain Gang 2015
sorry I can't make it tomorrow, but hopefully see you on Thursday ;)

More
21 Apr 2015 08:21 #11 by BeloB
Replied by BeloB on topic Re: Chain Gang 2015
I'm planning to be there this week (today)

Ian

File Attachment:

More
21 Apr 2015 13:24 #12 by Arron Bird
I`m not going to make it tonight :blink: going for a recovery ride instead see you next week

Time to create page: 0.184 seconds
Go to top