You are not logged in.

× Rides
Let's discuss everything to with rides: club runs, sportives (not SNCC sportive), audaxes, impromptu rides - routes, who's going to ride, ride experiences and so on

sat 29th

• Wayne_Tunnah
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
28 Mar 2014 18:23 #1 by Wayne_Tunnah
sat 29th was created by Wayne_Tunnah
I'll be doing the medium route this weekend on Saturday if anyone wants to join me.9am on the square

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
28 Mar 2014 19:13 #2 by Simon.R
Replied by Simon.R on topic Re: sat 29th
for fans of maps & / or 'single entendres' I note the southern end of the medium route takes us past both Knocking Hoe and the adjacent Tingley Wood

Attachments:

More
28 Mar 2014 19:38 #3 by terry694
Replied by terry694 on topic Re: sat 29th
Shrub wood needs a good shave

Its really is complicated

• Fat Man at the Back
More
29 Mar 2014 15:08 #4 by Fat Man at the Back
Replied by Fat Man at the Back on topic Re: sat 29th
A Cople of mistakes

Where were you Wayne.?

Waited for you at Thorncote Green (as I wasn't sure I'd make the bridge over the A1 in time) and then decided to set off expecting you to catch up quite soon. As you didn't catch me, I've assumed you just didn't make it out for a ride.

A good route with only a couple of navigation errors - no Garmin just a list of villages on the back of an envelope.

All OK, a little breezy, plenty of sun chine so all was good.............

Until Cople when a people carrier decided to squeeze through a narrow gap between parked cars and on-coming traffic - way too close! This was very quickly followed by slamming on the brakes to wait for more on-coming traffic!

Gee thanks - just what I needed

Looking forward to completing the full route with the club in the morning

More
29 Mar 2014 15:56 - 29 Mar 2014 15:57 #5 by Simon.R
Replied by Simon.R on topic Re: sat 29th
we were out.

Waited over the bridge for you and then carried on hoping we might see you en-route. I think its fair to say we didn't exactly set many world records on the way round so you may have ridden away from us.

To anyone doing it tomorrow; don't worry about the big hill to the south you see for miles once you're past Shillington as you'll turn away westwards before you get there
Last edit: 29 Mar 2014 15:57 by Simon.R.

• Fat Man at the Back
More
29 Mar 2014 22:18 #6 by Fat Man at the Back
Replied by Fat Man at the Back on topic Re: sat 29th
Sorry to have missed you - could have done with the moral support and teamship for the ride.

Your certainly right about the scary MOUNTAIN that gets closer and closer.

Also got caught out shortly after with the right turn at the bottom of the sharp incline - oops

Look forward to more sunshine en-route tomorrow

More
30 Mar 2014 13:26 #7 by Tony
Replied by Tony on topic Re: sat 29th
FWIW, I ended up on the long route today (by accident, not design) and that hill wasn't that horrific :). The descent coming down though was the most fun I've had on a bike, touching 50 mph and I wasn't anywhere near the quickest!

Tony.

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds
Go to top