You are not logged in.

× Rides
Let's discuss everything to with rides: club runs, sportives (not SNCC sportive), audaxes, impromptu rides - routes, who's going to ride, ride experiences and so on

Dunwich Dynamo

• Danbax76
  • Topic Author
More
27 Jun 2014 07:48 #1 by Danbax76
Dunwich Dynamo was created by Danbax76
Sat 12th of July is the date for the 2014 running of this legendary event.

Anyone thinking of doing it this year? I can't help feeling that it's an 'itch I've got to scratch'

Logistics could be a bit of a pain. But worth it I reckon.

Please Log in to join the conversation.

More
27 Jun 2014 08:30 #2 by Tony
Replied by Tony on topic Re: Dunwich Dynamo
I was looking at it this year Dan, but as my weekends slowly got booked up during July, I've had to give it a miss. Next year for me unfortunately. I'm not complaining too much though, I'll be at Alton Towers over that weekend :).

Tony.

More
27 Jun 2014 12:26 #3 by Simon.R
Replied by Simon.R on topic Re: Dunwich Dynamo
I'd love to do it but it'll have to be next year for me now.

is anyone clever enough to remember to get us organised in more time........

More
27 Jun 2014 12:56 #4 by garyn
Replied by garyn on topic Re: Dunwich Dynamo
well s'funny you should say that

I've looked at the route and it goes through Finchingfield so I plotted a route from St Neots to Finchingfield and then picked up the DD route to Dunwich. It comes in at 120 miles, which I believe is the same as the DD so it may be an option to cut out the hassle of travelling into town and join up half way through.

I'm not 100% sure whether I will do it overnight yet as it tends to wreck the entire weekend for an old fart like myself, or worked out how i'd get back.

• geoffrey smith
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
27 Jun 2014 13:42 #5 by geoffrey smith
Replied by geoffrey smith on topic Re: Dunwich Dynamo

I was looking at it this year Dan, but as my weekends slowly got booked up during July, I've had to give it a miss. Next year for me unfortunately. I'm not complaining too much though, I'll be at Alton Towers over that weekend :

Hi T if i was stuck in AT over the weekend.. :sick: :sick: i would be complaining ah ah G... :kiss: :kiss:

• Chrisbpr
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • What's the worst that can happen ?
More
27 Jun 2014 17:22 #6 by Chrisbpr
Replied by Chrisbpr on topic Re: Dunwich Dynamo
Have done it twice before but missing it this year...without a doubt the highlight of my cycling year so if anyone has any questions about the DD would be glad to help.

• Chrisbpr
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
  • What's the worst that can happen ?
More
27 Jun 2014 17:43 #7 by Chrisbpr
Replied by Chrisbpr on topic Re: Dunwich Dynamo

well s'funny you should say that

I've looked at the route and it goes through Finchingfield so I plotted a route from St Neots to Finchingfield and then picked up the DD route to Dunwich. It comes in at 120 miles, which I believe is the same as the DD so it may be an option to cut out the hassle of travelling into town and join up half way through.

I'm not 100% sure whether I will do it overnight yet as it tends to wreck the entire weekend for an old fart like myself, or worked out how i'd get back.

I think your missing the point of the ride by joining it at Finchingfield, half the fun of it is meeting up at the pub on the park and leaving en-mass then the transition from city to countryside.

When I have done it before it's easy to get off at Finsbury park then a short cycle to hackney. I must admit I have used to coaches to get back before but wouldn't do it again as the sight of your pride and joy being loaded into a truck with countless others is enough to induce heart failure.
One option I looked at is have a kip on the beach ( very easy after a night ride !) and then cycle to Bury St Edmunds,then train it to cambridge as the nearest station at Darlsham will be over crowded.

More
10 Jun 2015 13:46 #8 by PompeyVin
Replied by PompeyVin on topic Re: Dunwich Dynamo
This years DD is coming up fast - 4/5 July so just over 3 weeks to go

Anybody thinking of doing it this year? Will be 3 days after I get back from holiday so not sure my rested legs will be up for it. Very tempted though

Time to create page: 0.152 seconds
Go to top